One of my favorite things to eat while traveling through the Yucatán was ceviche. A favorite in coastal regions of Latin America and the Caribbean, this mix of bright, citric flavors and cool, raw fish will make you feel like you’re just a short walk from the ocean.
- ½ lb cleaned white shrimp
- ½ lb snapper or grouper fillet
- 3 each limes, juiced
- ½ each orange, juiced
- 1 each serrano pepper, sliced thin (optional)
- 1 each fresh bay laurel leaf
- ½ cup seeded and small diced cucumber
- ¼ cup small diced red onion
- ¼ cup seeded and small diced roma tomato
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- kosher Salt
- ground Black pepper
Chop shrimp and fish into ½” pieces. In large bowl, mix all ingredients together and refrigerate for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes to cover fish with juice.
Serve with your favorite hot sauce and tortilla chips. Think of the beach and open a cold beer, enjoy!