Makes dinner for 2, with leftover sauces
- 1 large garnet yam or sweet potato
- 1 1/2 cup shredded chicken
- 6 cilantro leaves
Salsa Verde Ingredients
- 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- ½ pound fresh tomatillos, rough chopped
- ¼ cup water, as needed
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 whole medium avocado
- ¼ cup fine diced yellow onion
- ¼ cup fine diced and seeded roma tomato
- 2 Tbs. fine chopped cilantro
- ½ lime, juiced
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Scrub potato or yam and roast in 350 degree oven until just tender, about 35-40 minutes. Remove and chill.
For salsa verde, heat oil in sauce pan and cook onion and garlic until soft, add tomatillos and cook until they start to soften. Season mixture with coriander, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes. Add ingredients in pot to blender with lime juice and cilantro and pulse 4-5 times until large chunks are gone. Season to taste.
For guacamole, peel and remove seed from avocado, add all ingredients to bowl and mix with a fork to smash avocado into a paste.
To finish, heat salsa verde in medium sauce pan and add shredded chicken. Simmer slowly. Cut yam in half lengthwise and use a spoon to remove half of the inside, reserve for another meal. Place chicken and salsa verde in potato and heat in oven at 350 degrees until warmed through, about 12-14 minutes. Top with guacamole and garnish with cilantro and lime wedge.